We recently had an issue come up where a client suggested we made a mistake in translation. The issue was discovered during an internal review of the final package. When we did some research on the project we discovered that we had provided the correct translation but for some reason the client’s desktop publisher decided to retype part of the content. The desktop publisher then entered a typo for the name of the product.

We can’t stress enough that you should never retype translation. You should always flow content into the layout by cutting and pasting content, using functionality like Adobe Story Editor (applies to Adobe projects) or even referenced files or text insets.

Just because a language uses the Roman alphabet you shouldn’t get comfortable with retyping translation. Think of it this way, if it were Russian or Chinese or any other extended character set you wouldn’t even dare retyping content.

 

Share This